[Nix-dev] no package attr_2.4.41-1

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Apr 25 04:44:57 CEST 2009

> That's one part.  The other part is that our client puts our
> production system in an isolated network, meaning no internet access
> at all, so we have to ship all packages (which are currently RPMs
> built on RHEL4) as part of our delivery.  To use nix in our production
> means we'd have to have a mirror of nix plus our own stuff.

You can ask nix-store to export a package with all dependencies easily.
Eg see http://hydra.nixos.org/build/13254 at the bottom
"Nix closure of path", then click on help.
If you have a network or such you may want to mount a foreign /nix/store
and set NIX_OTHER_STORES=/path/to/mounted/dir and run nix-* commands.
Packages will fetched from NIX_OTHER_STORES locations first etc.
There are many ways. When you do know exactly what you're looking for
you should ask again.

Sincerly
Marc Weber