[Nix-dev] Problem booting the new nixos kernel

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Wed Apr 29 18:31:53 CEST 2009

On Apr 29, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Eelco Dolstra wrote:

>> <<< NixOS Stage 1 >>>
>>
>> /nix/store/lv1...5q-kernel-modules-shrunk/insmode-list: No such
>> file or
>> directory
>
> Thanks, I just ran into this as well.  The reason was a bug in the
> generation of
> the set of kernel modules for the initial ramdisk.  I've just
> committed a fix
> (r15394).

Yes, it works!
Thank you.

But I'm not done yet... (sorry guys!)
Now I have a problem with the X server.
The server starts and works but:
1. I cannot switch virtual consoles.
2. It does not get the right resolution (I think i get 800x600).
(BTW: which packages contains the xvidtune command?)

You can find in attach the log file X.0.log and the old and new
versions of my xorg.conf.
The most significant change seems to be the fact the following
section disappeared in the new generated configuration:

Section "InputDevice"
   Driver       "kbd"
   Identifier   "Keyboard[0]"
   Option       "Protocol" "Standard"
   Option       "XkbLayout" "us"
   Option       "XkbModel" "pc104"
   Option       "XkbRules" "xfree86"

EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
   Driver       "mouse"
   Identifier   "Mouse[0]"
   Option       "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
EndSection

together with the following two lines in the section "ServerLayout"

   InputDevice  "Keyboard[0]" "CoreKeyboard"
   InputDevice  "Mouse[0]" "CorePointer"

Thanks again for your help.
Marco