[Nix-dev] Problem booting the new nixos kernel

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 19:47:46 CEST 2009

I think it is because we are step by step going to use HAL.
The X server in nixpkgs/trunk takes the configuration from hal, and
about the keyboard/mouse, it uses the generic 'evdev' driver, instead
of the usual old keyboard or mouse drivers.

I don't know how much this helps. :) For the resolution, you may need
to tweak hal (nixos is not much comfortable for that, yet), or specify
that in your resolution configuration.