[Nix-dev] Re: Proprietary fonts not installed by default

Tony White tonywhite100 at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 8 23:51:47 CEST 2009

2009/7/8 Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org>:
> Hi,
>
> Tony White <tonywhite100 at googlemail.com>
> writes:
>
>> http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/11/08/40-excellent-freefonts-for-professional-design/
>
> This article refers to "free" fonts as in "free beer", not as in "free
> speech".
>
> Thanks,
> Ludo'.

Hello Ludo,

Maybe I've missed it but I didn't read anything containing the speech
and beer analogy in the article :

"Over the last year we’ve been observing typo-designers and their
works; we’ve regularly collected high-quality fonts available for free
download and free to use for personal or/and commercial projects. In
this article we’d like to present an overview of over 40 excellent
free fonts you might use for your professional designs in 2008."

The fonts have varying licenses as are available from the various
linked author's websites along with the downloads and are perfectly
acceptable for inclusion in most cases in an OS. Depending only on the
license. Most of them should be OK, judging by the ones that I have
actually downloaded, inspected and used.

Thanks,

Tony