[Nix-dev] Is there a definite list of pre-reqs for nix for RPMs

Milind Parikh milindparikh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 00:51:36 CEST 2009

My bad... when I saw "it should work on any RPM-based Linux distribution
based on glibc 2.or later."... I thought that it would work without any
additional work. Anyways not a big deal..I can always target the distros.

The security comments and replies are more interesting. If one really wants
to use nix in production, these are the kind of the issues that will come
up. Ironically there is simply no other package manager (that I know ) that
can produce the security that nix can; with the attendant reliability.
Notice I am not saying that packages built with nix will be absolutely
secure and reliable. But it is, in theory, as good as it can get. Of course
some well pruning algorithms would significant cut down on the very
substantial storage space requirements.

Regards
-- Milind