[Nix-dev] Re: Hey, this looks interesting

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Wed Jul 22 20:24:06 CEST 2009

Tony White wrote:
> Yeah, the tracking of distributions for freshness is a not the
> strength of the site IMO, it's the grouped tracking of upstream
> releases and how that information can be manipulated automatically.

yup.  Too much freshness inevitably leads to instability.  Especially
for more-core packages, and I guess for more-popular (users?devs?) or
less-popular distros.  Maybe if its ambition to "distrology" pays off,
we'll be able to look at statistics for what the best trade-offs may be.
  (Although I'm not sure how you can measure "instability".)

-Isaac