[Nix-dev] upstart-0.5

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 22:31:29 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 22:12, Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> wrote:
> Another way would be replacing the job script by attrs:
>
> {
>  env {
>   PATH = [ pkgs.corutils config.boot.usptart ]; # <- should be default
>  };
>
>  scripts = {
>    preStart = ''
>    '';
>    preStop = ''
>    '';
>    jobScript = ''
>    '';
> }
>
> this way it would be even easier to add the debugging line when
> assembling the final script file.
>
> How do you think about this?

I've already thought about this kind of thing to handle multiple
system with an identical interface.  The problem is that you end et
writing yet another syntax for system jobs.  IMO, we cannot spend time
at maintaining such syntax yet.

This was my primary reason for creating the file
upstart-jobs/lib/default.nix, which should provided useful functions

Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron
- If you are doing something twice then you should try to do it once.