[Nix-dev] Python `setuptools' reverted to `builderDefs'

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Mon May 25 00:23:44 CEST 2009

Hi Michael,

Michael Raskin <7c6f434c at mail.ru> writes:

> You can view the changes in this commit at:
>    https://svn.nixos.org/viewvc/nix?rev=15697&view=rev
>
> Modified:
>    nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/development/python-modules/setuptools/default.nix
>    nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/top-level/all-packages.nix
>
> Log:
> Restoring builderDefs functionality in setuptools

I'm the one who changed the `setuptools' expression to `stdenv' a few
days ago when I updated it and fixed `easy_install'.  I made this choice
because it simply seemed more readable to me, as I don't grasp
builderDefs.

Why did you revert this change?

The reason why I'm concerned is that `setuptools' is at the core of the
`buildPythonPackage' function I just introduced and I want to make sure
(i) that I understand what goes on, and (ii) that the whole thing is
homogeneous, again to facilitate understanding.

Thanks,
Ludo'.