[Nix-dev] Halting

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Tue May 26 23:57:17 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've done some investigations on the halt sequence, because it didn't
work as it's in nixos-trunk or modular-nixos.
- On the fast machine I use at work, I've seen the halt sequence
finishing well. This may not have a very recent nixos built.
- On my other two machines (notebook AMD 1600MHz and virtualbox guest
there) the halt sequence doesn't reach the filesystem umounting.

I saw that after the "kill -KILL -1" I don't see anything more. Maybe
this kill changed in semantics in bash 4 from what it meant in bash
3.2?
If I remove the "kill -KILL -1", then the fs can't be umounted. also bad.

Aren't you experiencing anything like this? This worked before I
updated my system to a recent nixos (after stdenv-merge).