[Nix-dev] Bootstrap tools aren't statically linked.

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed May 27 08:59:36 CEST 2009

I'm not very clear about what your goal is:
a) get a set of packages running again managed by nix? Then try
  That's what binaries are for? Subscribe to a channel:
  nix-channel --add http://nixos.org/releases/nixpkgs/channels/nixpkgs-unstable
  and run nix-channel --update?

b) Get the bootstrapping system running again ?
  Don't know/care. Using binaries for bootstrapping is fine for me.

To get a basic system up and running all you need is the nix toolset
itself. Everything else you can get by channels or one click installs.

Marc Weber