[Nix-dev] Bootstrap tools aren't statically linked.

Jeevakan Suresh Jeevakan.Suresh at macquarie.com
Wed May 27 09:34:34 CEST 2009

I'm using my own kernel headers with RHEL, through necessity my system
is old enough that I can't just subscribe to a channel, the pre-built
libc just isn't compatible with my RHEL kernel.

I have no problem bootstrapping with binaries - the problem is the
binaries themselves are dynamically linked, causing a circular
dependency when trying to bootstrap. Having statically linked binaries
at the lowest level (like the previous bootstrap tools) would be ideal.

How are the current bootstrap tools built? I think if I can reproduce
this I should be fine.