[Nix-dev] Gimp: Trouble loading .jpg files !

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Sep 27 16:38:05 CEST 2009

Cause; ~/.gimp-2.6 contained some references to old gimp-2.6 store paths
which were removed by nix gc.

What do you think about wrapping gimp so that it writes its own store
pathsint ~/.gimp-2.6/storepath which it can check itself on startup and
run the sed command like this:
  find . -type f  | xargs  sed -i 's@/nix/store/$OLD_GIMP@/nix/store/$NEW_GIMP at g'
after asking the user for confirmation?

So it would look like this:

$gimp
Warning: You've installed another version of gimp. May I adjust the
references inside ~/.gimp-2.6 to the new location for you? (y)

Probably a X question like xmessage -button yes:1,no:2 "$THE_MESSAGE"
should be used instead ?

I'd like to implement this. Do you think this is useful to you as well?
Should this be optional?

Kind regards
Marc Weber