[Nix-dev] linux/version.h

maggesi at math.unifi.it maggesi at math.unifi.it
Sat Apr 10 15:22:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to update the nix expression for dmtcp (os-specific/linux/dmtcp).
The new release of dmtcp has a configure script that check for the
presence of linux/version.h in /usr/include and thus fails.

More precisely, the test is generated by the following snippet in
configure.ac:

#if /usr/include/linux/version.h is missing, give up on configuring.
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(linux/version.h,
   [if ! readlink -e -q  /usr/include/linux/version.h > /dev/null; then
    AC_MSG_ERROR(
     [/usr/include/version.h not found: consider adding linux-libc-dev pkg])
    fi],
   [AC_MSG_ERROR(
     [/usr/include/linux/version.h not found: consider adding
linux-libc-dev pkg]
    )])

So my question is: what is the best way to solve this kind of problems?
I suppose that I can circumvent the problem with some string replacement
in the resulting configure script.
However, if it is cheap enough, I would prefer that I can submit to
mainstream developers.

Thanks.
Marco