[Nix-dev] announce: vim-addon-nix

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Apr 18 23:32:25 CEST 2010

Finally I took the time moving most of my code helping me navigating in
.nix files and writing .nix file into a fresh repository:

http://github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-nix

Featuers:
- press gf on a line containing an import path to either
  open the imported file or show a list of possible files to create
- press shift-FX key to map the FX key to run nix-instantiate ..
  so that you can evaluate or test nix code fast
- add folding for all-packages.nix so that you can move into sections
  fast
- basic setup of .nix files setting shiftwidth (indentation)
- adding some templates based on the snipMate plugin.
  Maybe they should be tidied up. They still help me a lot.

You should get vim-addon-manager to install this plugin.

If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy!

Marc Weber