[Nix-dev] Hydra shouldn't notify me in case a dependency failed to build

Rob Vermaas rob.vermaas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 20:44:48 CEST 2010

Hi Peter,

> I've received about 12 e-mail messages from Hydra recently because
> packages that Git depends on failed to build. Now, I would like to
> notified when *Git* fails to build, but I don't want to receive those
> e-mails. Is there a way to configure that?

No this is not possible in Hydra at the moment, and won't be
configurable in the very nearby future.

> It's somewhat unfortunate, that the message text of the e-mail doesn't
> reflect the fact that Git itself actually  bulids fine:

> The only way to figure out what happened is by looking at the web site.
> The usefulness of those messages could be improved, IMHO, by making the
> reason for the failure obvious from the e-mail.

The current message is indeed unclear, and I already have change the
emails in the trunk version a bit, by adding the type of failure to
the subject and body.  However I only want to start using this version
when the Hydra queue is kind of empty/stable again. Should be online
within a few days.

If you have any other ideas on the emails, please add an issue in our
issue tracker at http://yellowgrass.org/project/Hydra .

greetings,
Rob

--