[Nix-dev] Re: Eclipse again

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Apr 29 14:37:07 CEST 2010

Hi Ludo,

> I think we should not expect users to read 50 lines of “discussion”
> buried in some ‘default.nix’.

Correct. You are not expected to read it. You will find it if you hit
the problem. Anyway every Eclipse user should know that the plugin and
global settings state seems to be lost whenever x, bash, .. (any dep of
Eclipse) is updated.

Can you help me reword my "discussion" so it looks like being a
documentation? I tried documenting current Eclipse behaviour.
Obviously I failed because you called it "discussion".

I don't have time to dig into Eclipse code to fix it.

> Instead, the problem should be fixed so that things work out-of-the-box,
I agree - who volunteers - who can either sponsor me so that I can take
time to do so or fix it ? :-P

Marc Weber