[Nix-dev] [***SPAM***] git-svn, e-mails

Tony White tonywhite100 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 29 15:30:15 CEST 2010

On 29 April 2010 11:06, Yury G. Kudryashov <urkud+nix at ya.ru> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I plan to create a proper git-svn clone of nixpkgs. Then I'll push it to
> gitorious, and will use git branches for testing.
>
> As you may know, git requires e-mails instead of logins. I took most of the
> e-mails from the recent ML history. Therefore, two questions:
>
> 1. I haven't found the e-mails of the following commiters (though I haven't
> spent too much time on searching):
>
> LennartKats
> amiddelk
> andres
> armijn
> astsmtl
> bdumitriu
> cddouma
> maggesi
> mbravenboer
> merijn
> pjotrp
> rbroek
> root
> skolthof
> thammers
> valentin
> visser
> wbreejen
>
> Could you please tell me their e-mails? Else I'll use some dummy e-mails
> like login at nixos.org.
>
> 2. If you prefer me to use another e-mail (not the e-mail used in ML), tell
> me, please.

Hi Yury,
I like this. It will be interesting to see how it pans out, how active
it becomes, how many people use it, what the code turn out rate will
be like, etc.
Even if it just turns out to be a personal clone, it makes sense
because you (And anyone else) Can use all of the features of git.
Plus, anyone can submit a git merge request to it.
Will be interesting to know if you are going to use scheduled re-base
intervals and merge requests to merge back code or not.

Thanks,
Tony