Re: [Nix-dev] Merging ‘stdenv-updates’?

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 17:53:26 CET 2010

There is another task to do at least, some day, to get less copies of
some basic code:
merge the gnat-wrapper and the ghdl-wrapper into gcc-wrapper.
This can be done later, of course, but in the next stdenv-updates as
this will cause stdenv rebuilds.

I've been doing nixos-rebuilds the last week in the sheevaplug, and
they worked. I've not tried to build xorg with kde, and I will not try
to, but all I needed was working, I think. I have to tweak the kernel
settings for the sheevaplug kernel to work, but I think I will get
that soon. Mostly, I'm having usb-storage problems, I don't know why.
I suspect of some usb-storage drivers not built into the sheevaplug
kernel, them waiting for someone to enable them in the .config.

I will test some basic cross builds in the next days. I want to build
uboot properly at least, and it would be nice if we could build the
kernel.