[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 19297 - viric - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs: tools/networking tools/networking/wicd top-level

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Fri Jan 8 00:41:26 CET 2010

Hi!

Sorry for not reviewing earlier, but better late than never.  ;-)

Llus Batlle <viriketo at gmail.com> writes:

> You can view the changes in this commit at:
>    https://svn.nixos.org/viewvc/nix?rev=19297&view=rev

[...]

> +{stdenv, fetchurl, python, pygobject, pycairo, pyGtkGlade, pythonDBus,
> + wpa_supplicant, dhcp, wirelesstools, nettools, iproute,
> + locale ? "\\\"C\\\"" }:

Would be more convenient without all these backslashes; they can be
added around ${locale} below.

> +# wicd has a ncurses interface that we do not build because it depends on urwid which has not been packaged at this time (2009-12-27)

I find it easier to read when lines are wrapped, sentences start with a
capital letter and end with a period.  :-)

> +  configurePhase = ''
> +    python setup.py configure \

Would ‘buildPythonPackage’ work here?  (Maybe not since it looks quite
complex.)

> +  meta = {
> +    homepage = http://wicd.net/;
> +    description = "A wiredless and wired network manager";
> +    long_description=''

Should be ‘longDescription’.

> +A complete network connection manager
> +Wicd supports wired and wireless networks, and capable of
> +creating and tracking profiles for both.  It has a
> +template-based wireless encryption system, which allows the user
> +to easily add encryption methods used.  It ships with some common
> +encryption types, such as WPA and WEP. Wicd will automatically
> +connect at startup to any preferred network within range.
> +'';

The text should be indented.

> +    license="GPL";

GPLv2, v3, v2+, etc.?

> +--- wicd-1.6.2.2/in/scripts=wicd.in	2009-09-01 11:05:31.000000000 -0400
> ++++ wicd-1.6.2.2/in/scripts=wicd.in	2010-01-04 18:01:57.000000000 -0500
> + #!/bin/bash

Should be /bin/sh because NixOS doesn’t have /bin/bash.

Other than that, thanks for working on it!

Ludo’.