[Nix-dev] pts and tty misteries

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 00:33:13 CET 2010

Hello,

how is 'mesg y' working for you? I'm not having my xterm pts devices
owned by the tty group, but by my user group.

I see that openssh creates the pts owned by the tty group.

Additionally, 'screen' tries to chgrp to 'tty' the pts devices it
creates, and it does not succeed unless root, in the
nixos-stdenv-updates. I've tried to fix that at screen build time, but
I've not succeed.

'screen' does not try to chgrp to 'tty' in nixos-trunk.

Anyone with more experience than I in that field wanting to take a
look at screen in stdenv-updates? 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 give me the same
results.

Regards,
Lluís.