[Nix-dev] Question about writing expressions for Python packages

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Mon Nov 29 20:04:05 CET 2010

Hi,

On 11/29/2010 01:35 PM, Marc Weber wrote:

> Excerpts from Cillian de Róiste's message of Mon Nov 29 12:38:04 +0100 2010:
>> I have been trying to create a package for MyPaint which I've also
>> tripped up on configuring it so that it finds numpy correctly. Perhaps
>> I have skipped over existing documentation on this.
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Has Lluís Batlle said: Replace all occurences of python by pythonFull.
> I don't know why pythonFull is not the default. Everybody somehow hits
> this issue.

I have an uncommitted patch to get rid of the pythonBase/pythonFull distinction
so that we don't have this problem anymore.  It builds the core Python packages
that have additional external dependencies (such as sqlite, x11 or tcl)
separately from the main Python package.  I've been meaning to commit it for a
while...