[Nix-dev] CMake broken

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Sep 27 15:27:04 CEST 2010

> Last but not least, I'm not particularly fond of expressions that require
> 'useDepXY' flags. IMHO, it's both easier and more intuitive to pass 'xy =
> null' to disable support for that particular dependency.

Hi Peter,

I don't have a strong opinion on this. It looks to me that the advantage
of use flags is that you can define opt-in/out depending on the package.

Defaulting to null makes the user responsible of passing the correct
dependency. Defaulting to a derivation (so that you can override it
passing null) forces opt-out.

I personally don't care too much about the name because I always install
by attr path.

Is there a defined way to name the same package differently? I mean
installing by name usually installs "latest version". So the name should
be "cmake-with-qt-x.y" where x.y is the version then ?

I use misc.collection (http://wiki.nixos.org/wiki/Howto_keep_multiple_packages_up_to_date_at_once)
to update / install groups of packages at the same time.

This causes some work to setup - but it gives more full control

Marc Weber