[Nix-dev] Re: CMake broken

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 12:05:15 CEST 2010

В сообщении от Понедельник 27 сентября 2010 16:45:12 автор Yury G. Kudryashov
написал:
> > Last but not least, I'm not particularly fond of expressions that require
> > 'useDepXY' flags. IMHO, it's both easier and more intuitive to pass 'xy =
> > null' to disable support for that particular dependency.
>
> I thought about useFeature, not useDep. I'd like to see some standard way
> to deal with options (like Gentoo useflags) in the future.

We discussed this briefly once. Probably both useFeature and useDep have their
place: withGui, useQt4 and useGtk flags may make sense for a package with 2
gui frontends. A good first step would be to standardize feature/dep flag
names, then we could try getting callPackage to inherit use flags for us or
something like this and of course think about profiles...

--
Evgeny