[Nix-dev] (newbie) nix-env custom package installation

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Sun Dec 4 10:02:21 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 01:43:14PM +0700, Иван Левашев wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm running in circles. I can't install a self-written derivation that I
> haven't written into all-packages.nix. Manual only has samples where a
> package is present in all-packages.nix. I don't want to touch this file yet.

Hello!

Well, your file needs stdenv,fetchurl,openssl from nixpkgs. So, first, your
expression should include nixpkgs for those:

Keeping your rhash.nix:

nix-env -E 'let pkgs = import /etc/nixos/nixpkgs; in { rhash = import ./rhash.nix {
    inherit (pkgs) stdenv fetchurl openssl}; }' -i rhash

I don't know if it does work. But do you get the idea?

Regards,
Lluís.