[Nix-dev] Hydra, nix-prefetch-git, and TopGit

Thomas Schwinge thomas at schwinge.name
Thu Mar 10 10:21:59 CET 2011

Hallo!

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 22:59:10 +0000, Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> wrote:
> It should be sufficient to checkout the branch you want. Its not
> important whether the branch is a topic branch or not unless you want tg
> update to work.

That is correct.  And I suppose you want the branch
tschwinge/Roger_Whittaker.

> However I don't think that Hydra should run tg update.
> It should be you doing this manually pushing the result somewhere (?)

Ack.

> details:

Correct -- and may I ask, are you one of the (apparently) few who is
still using TopGit?  There isn't much / any development any more; but is
there something else to use instead?  So far, I only know about some
ideas / design sketches of Uwe Kleine-König's ÜberGit, Thomas Koch's TNT
(TNT is not TopGit).

Grüße,
 Thomas