[Nix-dev] Hydra, nix-prefetch-git, and TopGit

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Mar 10 19:18:39 CET 2011

Excerpts from Thomas Schwinge's message of Thu Mar 10 09:21:59 +0000
2011:
> Correct -- and may I ask, are you one of the (apparently) few who is
> still using TopGit?  There isn't much / any development any more; but
> is
I know. Uwe Klein K stopped using it at all. But I'm not aware of him
talking about a replacement.

Mercurial is no option because you can't drop branches easily And I love
gits remote feature so much.

I contributed the tg push feature. At that point I wished a scripting
language would have been used.

It works for me so why change or bother about missing upstream?
I hope it won't break too soon though.

Marc Weber