[Nix-dev] Re: GCC 4.6.0

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Mon Mar 28 14:23:32 CEST 2011

Hi Shea,

Excellent, thanks for the patch!  Looks good to me.

A few notes:

Shea Levy <shea at shealevy.com> writes:

>    * GCC 4.6.0 now requires ppl 0.11 for graphite optimizations, so I
>      bumped that.
>          o GCC 4.5 will build against ppl 0.11. I have not checked GCC
>            4.4, the first release supporting Graphite.
>          o I had to change a hard-coded version check in CLooG-PPL's
>            configure; this was recommended by some Gentoo devs and all
>            of its tests passed against the new ppl.

Could you change the patch to make it work in ‘trunk’ without requiring
a complete rebuild?  This way we could already use 4.6 with ‘trunk’,
even if stdenv still uses 4.5.

To that end, you need to svn cp ppl/{default.nix,0.11.nix} and use the
latter for 4.6, while keeping the former for 4.5.  Same for CLooG-PPL.

>    * I updated update-gcc.sh to work with GnuPG 2.x, which is the
>      default if you just nix-env -i gnupg. It will still work with
>      GnuPG 1.x.

OK.  I modified ‘update-gcc.sh’ in the ‘stdenv-updates’ branch, but that
should be OK.

Thanks!

Ludo’.