[Nix-dev] Re: Various patches

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 21:41:36 CEST 2011

Hello nixers,
I'm sending some more patches. To Eelco: thanks for applying some of
the previous set.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time upgrading hakyll to 3.*, due to many
transitive dependencies needing upgrade. I'm sending the resulting
patch which also removes haskell's bytestring and network-bytestring
packages (which are unused and packaged with GHC for years). Please,
review and eventually apply the patch.

I also upgraded Xfce packages to the newest 4.8.* versions. I already
use the new versions but I'll need to polish the expressions, do more
testing and resolve a menu problem. I'll send the patch afterward. If
someone wants to test now, it can be found on
http://mawercer.de:7000/?p=nixpkgs;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/vlada/xfce

That brings me to the reason I started using git for nixpkgs in the
first place: some of the patches I sent a week ago got *no reply*
whatsoever... fortunately TopGit handles this much better than svn, so
I don't really mind. The problem is that in this manner our versions
are going to diverge a bit which is not good and it is needless as
long as noone objects to the patches. I don't think I'm the only one
with patches that don't get to trunk just because noone cares about
them (for example, marc has IMO a lot of such patches).

Vlada