[Nix-dev] Re: Various patches

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Mar 31 23:24:53 CEST 2011

Hi Vlada,

Excerpts from Vladimír Čunát's message of Thu Mar 31 21:41:36 +0200 2011:
> Yesterday I spent a lot of time upgrading hakyll to 3.*, due to many
> transitive dependencies needing upgrade.

:-( You should not have spend time on it. Use hack-nix.
All this manually stuff is done by nixpgks-haskell-overlay for you.

These are the steps I have to do to get it:
a) add it to cabals bulid-deps
b) run hack-nix --build-env (wait some minutes)
c) source resulting shell script

I've talked to Andres Loeh and tried explaining how hack-nix works.
The result was that he would prefer a different system which does not
yet exist. There are reasons why hack-nix is the way it is.
And since Eelco rewrote the evaluator speed is acceptable as well.

Marc Weber