[Nix-dev] Stablilizing stdenv-updates

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon Oct 3 20:10:28 CEST 2011

Hi Ludovic,

 > [After I have updated glibc], I can switch the nixpkgs:stdenv jobset
 > to use release.nix instead of release-small.nix. We’ll also want to
 > test on ARM and MIPS (Lluís can do both, and I can test the former.)

I am glad that you volunteer to take over responsibility for updating glibc.

Unfortunately, the lack of Hydra builds of stdenv-updates is a significant
obstacle for everyone who wants to work on that branch. That is why we would
like to have Hydra builds available in the foreseeable future (i.e. within
days, not weeks).

Take care,
Peter