[Nix-dev] Stablilizing stdenv-updates

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Mon Oct 3 21:08:14 CEST 2011

Hi,

Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> skribis:

> Hi Ludovic,
>
>  > [After I have updated glibc], I can switch the nixpkgs:stdenv jobset
>  > to use release.nix instead of release-small.nix. We’ll also want to
>  > test on ARM and MIPS (Lluís can do both, and I can test the former.)
>
> I am glad that you volunteer to take over responsibility for updating glibc.

Great.  Can you please email libc-ports at sourceware.org asking them to
publish a glibc-ports-2.14 tarball?

> Unfortunately, the lack of Hydra builds of stdenv-updates is a significant
> obstacle for everyone who wants to work on that branch.

I hear you, I really do.  We’ll do that once libc has been upgraded and
has shown to not break any of the packages in release-small, OK?

(FTR nixpkgs:stdenv was changed to use release-small.nix so that changes
in there wouldn’t end up making Hydra unusable for the rest of us as
soon as someone fiddles with stdenv-updates.)

Thanks,
Ludo’.