[Nix-dev] kernel oops [aufs + squashfs] on nixos-graphical-0.1pre29826-i686-linux.iso

Paul Dufresne dufresnep at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:41:10 CEST 2011

paul at paul-P5GZ-MX:~$ dd if=/dev/cdrom | md5sum
164774618b05c3633124bf6ef793d5e8  -

What a nice trick to test if the image is burned ok!
It seems so, because I had:
paul at paul-P5GZ-MX:~$ md5sum
testNix/nixos-graphical-0.1pre29826-i686-linux.iso
164774618b05c3633124bf6ef793d5e8
testNix/nixos-graphical-0.1pre29826-i686-linux.iso

Now, I tested it under qemu. Painfully slow because my Celeron D 2.66
GHz does not have VT flag, so it goes without KVM.

But it did work! I was able to log in, and after that to start
xserver, and after waiting a long time, I had ever seen the first icon
of KDE loading: the disk.

But while booting under QEMU, some message told me it was running over
QEMU, and so was accessing data a bit differently. So somehow, that it
run under QEMU does not means it is fine.