[Nix-dev] kernel oops [aufs + squashfs] on nixos-graphical-0.1pre29826-i686-linux.iso

Paul Dufresne dufresnep at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 09:34:43 CEST 2011

I tested my NixOS CD that was giving kernel oops on my computer on an
other computer today,
Seems to go fine on the other computer.

So I guess this is linked to recent Linux versions, and my particular
hardware: a N10/ICH7 Intel computer with a SATA disk 82801G rev 01.

Wonder if it is worth to extract the full log of the oops, by getting
this old null-modem RS232C cable I must have somewhere, even if it is
not on latest kernel. This CD is using 2.6.39. I guess Linux people
won't care much unless it is at least 3.1-rc4.

I may looks like if I know what I am saying, but I consider myself
more an advanced user than a developer, that have tried to triage
Ubuntu bugs some time ago.