[Nix-dev] Disaster recovery / re-deployment

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Sep 2 16:23:20 CEST 2011

Hi Rickard Nilsson,

I'v git repos which provide a minimal bootstrap archive containing
enough to run nixos-rebuild only.

Of course you must have nixos and nixpkgs an configuration.nix in place.

It tries to modularize nixos-install from cd: you have a run-in-chroot
command, you have one checking out sources and a minimal store.

Ironically I would have needed such very urgently.

Contact me on irc and I'll give you access to code and a system which
can build those minimal archives for you (i686 only right now).

I'm interested in helping getting this done.

Marc Weber