[Nix-dev] CFQ I/O scheduler can't boot my system

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Sep 3 14:41:09 CEST 2011

Hi Eelco,

this commit

    * Use the CFQ I/O scheduler, rather than the ‘none’ scheduler.  This
      was already the case on Linux 2.6.32, but in newer kernels the CFQ
      scheduler is built as a module, so all block devices got the ‘none’
      scheduler instead.

breaks my boot process. The linuxPackages_2_6_38_ati kernel hangs after
probing the ata devices. I've reverted to an older version for now, but
maybe I'm not the only one who's going to have that problem?

Take care,
Peter