[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r29021 - nixos/trunk/modules/misc

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 01:45:54 CEST 2011

Nicolas Pierron wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 3 reasons to (...) give a separate syntax from
> ~/.nixpkgs/config.nix.
I'm used to have
nixpkgs.config = import /home/urkud/.nixpkgs/config.nix;
in my configuration.nix. This simplifies maintaining nixpkgs options a lot.

BTW, why do you think that packageOverrides is the only useful nixpkgs
option? I use config.gems as well. Of couse, I can rewrite rubygems-nix
magic to use packageOverrides but I'd prefer to have some time for this...

So, _please_, notify about such incompatible changes in advance.
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru