[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r29021 - nixos/trunk/modules/misc

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:31:27 CEST 2011

Hi Yury,

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 01:45, Yury G.  Kudryashov <urkud.urkud at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nicolas Pierron wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have 3 reasons to (...) give a separate syntax from
>> ~/.nixpkgs/config.nix.
> I'm used to have
> nixpkgs.config = import /home/urkud/.nixpkgs/config.nix;
> in my configuration.nix. This simplifies maintaining nixpkgs options a lot.
>
> BTW, why do you think that packageOverrides is the only useful nixpkgs
> option? I use config.gems as well. Of couse, I can rewrite rubygems-nix
> magic to use packageOverrides but I'd prefer to have some time for this...
>
> So, _please_, notify about such incompatible changes in advance.

Don't worry, If migration there is, it would take time and both syntax
would likely be supported at the same time until one gets deprecated.
The modification made for nixpkgs.config handle a new syntax in
addition to the previous one.  So if something is no longer working
warn me.

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/