[Nix-dev] Re: Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r29021 - nixos/trunk/modules/misc

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:54:00 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 13:05, Yury G.  Kudryashov <urkud.urkud at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nicolas Pierron wrote:
>
>> Hi Yury,
>>
>> Don't worry, If migration there is, it would take time and both syntax
>> would likely be supported at the same time until one gets deprecated.
>> The modification made for nixpkgs.config handle a new syntax in
>> addition to the previous one.  So if something is no longer working
>> warn me.
> The syntax
> nixpkgs.config.packageOverrides = p: { a = p.a.override { ... }; };
> does not work anymore. The proposed patch is attached.

You mean:

nixpkgs.config = {pkgs}: {
  packageOverrides = p: { a = p.a.override { ... }; };
};

Because the one you mention should work and is not impacted by your
patch.  I did not noticed that we could have a {pkgs} argument set for
the .nixpkgs/config.nix file.  Sadly packageOverrides argument is
mandatory in nixpkgs.

Your patch is fine, feel free to merge.

--
Nicolas Pierron