[Nix-dev] bash updates

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Sep 28 21:20:19 CEST 2011

Hi Shea,

 > [stdenv-updates merging procedure]

yes, the procedure you described is pretty much how it's going go to.
All interested parties are hereby encouraged to examine the state of the
stdenv-updates branch, and fix all problems that they run into. If in
doubt, please speak up!

Over the course of the next week or two, we'll have the chance to get
everything into great shape, and then we (meaning: *I*, unless someone
else wants that job) am going to merge stdenv-updates into trunk,
possibly omitting any patches that cause problems or look outright
weird. As I've said, my personal interest in this matter is in bash,
openssl, and some other base packages. If other people have other
interests, then please contribute to the effort to make sure they are
represented.

Take care,
Peter