[Nix-dev] bash updates

shea at shealevy.com shea at shealevy.com
Wed Sep 28 21:34:08 CEST 2011

> Hi Shea,
>
>  > [stdenv-updates merging procedure]
>
> yes, the procedure you described is pretty much how it's going go to.
> All interested parties are hereby encouraged to examine the state of the
> stdenv-updates branch, and fix all problems that they run into. If in
> doubt, please speak up!
>
> Over the course of the next week or two, we'll have the chance to get
> everything into great shape, and then we (meaning: *I*, unless someone
> else wants that job) am going to merge stdenv-updates into trunk,
> possibly omitting any patches that cause problems or look outright
> weird.

I'll be happy to help with this aspect of the process, or do it all if you
don't want to do it; I don't mind it. I'm really hoping we end up with a
tree that we can merge in its totality, though.

> As I've said, my personal interest in this matter is in bash,
> openssl, and some other base packages. If other people have other
> interests, then please contribute to the effort to make sure they are
> represented.

For reference for others invloved, I'll test xmonad and linux 3.x. I'll
try to field issues with gcc 4.6 and major breaks on x86_64-darwin, though
I won't be doing testing on darwin unless something big breaks on hydra or
someone points out a specific problem.