[Nix-dev] stdenv updates for non-nixos

jack-nix at mudshark.org jack-nix at mudshark.org
Wed Apr 11 02:21:49 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 04:54:31PM +0200, Eelco Dolstra wrote:

> The better solution is to prevent Glibc from looking in /etc/ld.so.cache.  This
> is an unintended side-effect of r30069:

> * Build Glibc with sysconfdir set to /etc.  This causes it to look for
>   ?localtime? (the default time zone definition) in /etc rather than
>   $out/etc, allowing us to override the time zone globally in NixOS.

> Before this change, our Glibc looked in $out/etc/ld.so.cache, which didn't exist.

Agreed, that's a much better solution.

The attached patch makes ld.so and ldconfig use $out/etc/ld.so.cache. I've
reverted my earlier patch, and tested it out on a non-nixos system.

--Jack

--
Jack (John) Cummings                           http://mudshark.org/
PGP fingerprint: A927 992E 197B 0A86 27BC  964D A1DA CBAC CC48 B110