[Nix-dev] stdenv updates for non-nixos

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:11:50 CEST 2012

jack-nix at mudshark.org wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 04:54:31PM +0200, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
>
>> The better solution is to prevent Glibc from looking in /etc/ld.so.cache.
>>  This is an unintended side-effect of r30069:
>
>> * Build Glibc with sysconfdir set to /etc.  This causes it to look for
>>   ?localtime? (the default time zone definition) in /etc rather than
>>   $out/etc, allowing us to override the time zone globally in NixOS.
>
>> Before this change, our Glibc looked in $out/etc/ld.so.cache, which
>> didn't exist.
>
> Agreed, that's a much better solution.
>
> The attached patch makes ld.so and ldconfig use $out/etc/ld.so.cache.
It seems that it points to $out/ld.so.cache, not $out/etc/ld.so.cache. BTW,
what is the general policy for diff format? I prefer

 unchanged
-removed
+inserted
 unchanged

over

 unchanged
!removed
 unchanged
=====
 unchanged
!removed
 unchanged

because removed and inserted lines are much closer to each other. What do
you prefer?
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru