[Nix-dev] gcc for MacOS X

Ludovic Courtès ludovic.courtes at inria.fr
Fri Apr 13 15:02:01 CEST 2012

Hi Konrad,

(Sorry for the delay.)

Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net> skribis:

> I tried to build (using nix-build) the very same gcc-4.2.1 that I
> installed as a binary package, i.e. gcc without Fortran. As expected,
> it fails. Which makes me wonder how the binary package I installed
> could ever have been compiled.

I had noticed it too.  Actually, ‘stdenv’ on Darwin builds fine because
it uses ‘noSysDirs = false’ somehow, so the faulty patch didn’t get
applied.

Anyway, I just fixed ‘no-sys-dirs.patch’ so that it actually applies.

As for GFortran, I don’t know what to do.  Apple’s latest GCC 4.2
tarballs don’t include it (although previous versions did).  I tried
pulling in GCC’s GFortran (patch attached), but that doesn’t work:

  configure: error:
  The following requested languages could not be built: fortran
  Recognised languages are: c,c++,objc,obj-c++

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Ludo’.