[Nix-dev] gcc for MacOS X

Ludovic Courtès ludovic.courtes at inria.fr
Tue Apr 24 00:40:12 CEST 2012

Hi Konrad,

I think I understand the problem you’re experiencing:

Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net> skribis:

> I tried to install gcc46 after applying your patches. stdenv builds fine, but
> mpfr (a dependency of gcc46) fails at the link stage:
>
>   ld: pointer in read-only segment not allowed in slidable image, used in ___gmpn_divexact_1 from /usr/local/lib/libgmp.a(dive_1.o)

Can you remove GMP from /usr/local?

It’s generally a bad idea to have software available there on Hydra,
because then packages built with Nix may end up using them, leading to a
complete mess of impurity as the rest of the world knows it.  :-)

Note that you should soon be able to grab binaries from hydra.nixos.org.

HTH,
Ludo’.