[Nix-dev] gnutls broken

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Feb 2 16:03:43 CET 2012

Hello!

"Yury G.  Kudryashov" <urkud.urkud at gmail.com> skribis:

> Anyway, I'd like to have guile bindings separate from the main expression to
> avoid unneeded dependencies. Review the attached patch, please.

That looks awkward to me.  I think the valid options are:

  1. Turn the Guile bindings off by default (but don’t expect me to
     encourage that ;-)).  Presumably one can also use
     ‘packageOverrides’ and ‘.override’ to turn it on and off,
     regardless of the default.  It would be good if Hydra could build
     both, though.

  2. Write a multiple-output derivation, with the Guile bindings being a
     separate output.

WDYT?

Thanks,
Ludo’.