[Nix-dev] reviewboard

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Sun Mar 18 18:43:30 CET 2012

Hi,

"Corey O'Connor" <coreyoconnor at gmail.com> skribis:

> Patches submitted by email to the list get lost.

Yes, I understand the problem, and I agree it’s important to fix it.

Now, a web tool is likely to be too tedious for me to use, and I expect
other hackers may not like having to jump to a browser to get the work
done.  :-)

So I think Debbugs is more likely to be suitable to various sorts of
contributors, because it has several interfaces, not just the web one.

[...]

> IMO, use of git avoids some problems just by being distributed. The
> patches can be recorded to many repositories even if the submitting
> user does not have access to the master repository.

Agreed.

Thanks,
Ludo’.