[Nix-dev] reviewboard

Corey O'Connor coreyoconnor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 19:55:44 CET 2012

2012/3/18 Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org>:
> Yes, I understand the problem, and I agree it’s important to fix it.

Excellent! So long everybody agrees there is a problem then it is only
a matter of time before we find a solution. ;-)

> Now, a web tool is likely to be too tedious for me to use, and I expect
> other hackers may not like having to jump to a browser to get the work
> done.  :-)

xmonad + vimium is my recommendation ;-)
Though if you are an emacs guy I really don't know if vimium will
suite you. Not sure if there is a emacs-like web interfaces aside from
using a web browser from within emacs.

> So I think Debbugs is more likely to be suitable to various sorts of
> contributors, because it has several interfaces, not just the web one.

I'm trying to find a web page describing the features and requirements
of debbugs. Is just the source the best place to look?

Reviewboard does have a nice and complete REST API:
    * http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/webapi/

While it may not already have an emacs interface I bet one could be
constructed without trouble.
   * http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/http-emacs/

Which is an interesting project idea actually.. Hm. Maybe I'll try
this as a way to learn elisp ;-)

-Corey O'Connor
coreyoconnor at gmail.com
http://corebotllc.com/