[Nix-dev] reviewboard

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Sun Mar 18 22:07:44 CET 2012

Hi!

"Corey O'Connor" <coreyoconnor at gmail.com> skribis:

> 2012/3/18 Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org>:

[...]

>> Now, a web tool is likely to be too tedious for me to use, and I expect
>> other hackers may not like having to jump to a browser to get the work
>> done.  :-)
>
> xmonad + vimium is my recommendation ;-)
> Though if you are an emacs guy I really don't know if vimium will
> suite you. Not sure if there is a emacs-like web interfaces aside from
> using a web browser from within emacs.

There’s Emacs-W3M, but it would be suboptimal.

There’s a Debbugs mode in Emacs that really rocks, because it’s
specifically tailored for the job, has a convenient UI, and is well
integrated with Gnus.

You could look at <http://debbugs.gnu.org/Advanced.html>, for instance.

> Reviewboard does have a nice and complete REST API:
>     * http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/webapi/
>
> While it may not already have an emacs interface I bet one could be
> constructed without trouble.
>    * http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/http-emacs/
>
> Which is an interesting project idea actually.. Hm. Maybe I'll try
> this as a way to learn elisp ;-)

Interesting project, yes, though that may slightly delay the switch to
the tracker.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.