[Nix-dev] openFile: resource exhausted -- cabal configure

Daniel Santa Cruz dstcruz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 01:55:32 CET 2012

Hello list,

I have been attempting to install yesod, and friends with Nix. My
installation has:

Mac OS X 10.7.3
Nix 0.16
GHC wrapper 7.4.1
cabal-install 0.10.2
and the yesod tools for ghc7.4.1

I have tried to initialize a yesod project with "yesod init". Once there, I
tried to do a "cabal configure", and I'm getting:

~/src/Yammer
> cabal configure
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring Yammer-0.0.0...
/Users/dansan/.nix-profile/bin/../lib/ghc-pkgs/ghc-7.4.1/warp-1.1.0.1.installedconf:
openFile: resource exhausted (Too many open files)

I'm at a loss as to where to start looking for the issue. Any hints on
where to start? I'm not sure whether this is a nix issue, or a haskell
issue, or even a haskell issue because my usage of nix.

Cheers,
Daniel