[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r33445 - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs: build-support/usernixos top-level

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Tue Mar 27 22:58:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 27/03/12 22:33, Lluís Batlle wrote:

> Log:
> Adding 'usernixos', where I start a modular kind-of-nixos that can go into
> "nix-env -i" profiles, as a container for flexible configuration at the style
> of nixos, to be defined in .nixpkgs/config.nix, with the main target of
> generating an activation script.

Reusing the module system to run parts of NixOS (such as Apache) as a normal
user would be very useful.  However:

- Why should this be in the Nixpkgs tree?

- This seems like a work-in-progress that has not yet seen any review that I'm
aware of.  It would be better to put such things in a separate branch or
repository until they're more mature and accepted.  (I'm saying this because
there are already too many not-really-maintained experiments littering the
Nixpkgs tree.)

> +      description = ''
> +        Commands to run at activation

Sentences should end with a period.

> +      description = ''
> +        Editor

This isn't really a description.  ("Editor" what?)

Thanks,

Eelco.